It’s not just ivory tower academics indoctrinating students into liberal hysteria — their peers at community colleges and smaller universities nationwide are weaving a similar diet of left-wing politics into lesson plans, critics warn.
~ Caleb Parke, Not just Ivy League: Community colleges also violate students’ rights, expert says (Fox News)
The article, based on an interview with Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk lists several shocking examples:
- Orange Coast College in Southern California: professor called Trump’s election an “act of terrorism”, and was later made faculty member of the year, while the student who caught the quote on camera was suspended.
- Kellogg Community College: three students were arrested for handing out copies of the Constitution.
- Nassau Community College: professor wore a “Sit With Kaepernick” t-shirt while teaching.
- MiraCosta College in Southern California: “announced it would provide scholarships to transgender students — without steps to verify transgender status — or to students “active in the transgender community.””
- Macomb Community College in Michigan: student group reprimanded for publicly advocating for fossil fuels.
- Austin Community College: professor tweets “I’m not wishing for it… but I’d be ok if #BetsyDevos was sexually assaulted.”
- University of Tampa / Hillsborough Community College: professor tweets “I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them.”