Police criticized after Dutch woman investigates her own assault, immigrant attacker gets visa

All over the West we’re seeing the justice system being exploited by violence immigrant criminals and activist judges and lawyers. The latest case shows an incredible lack of empathy for the victim of a violent sex attack and a police investigation so lackluster that the immigrant perpetrator of this heinous crime was able to obtain a visa just before his arrest.

A young woman in The Netherlands was assaulted by a Somali immigrant in October 2016. After a stunning lack of action from police, she decided to find him herself. She found the perpetrator and collected evidence herself, but after pressing charges the police still took two months before they arrested the rapist, who in the meantime had been granted a visa to stay in The Netherlands. The prosecutor is asking for a sentence of less than three years for this violent sexual assault, but that is still too much for the man’s attorney. He is asking the court for lenience, as a prison sentence of more than one year would see his visa revoked.

One might think that getting sexual predators out of our country whenever possible is a good thing, but there will always be lawyers who have no problems risking the safety of women for their own political ideology.

Reporters from Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf broke the story. Right-leaning blog GeenStijl offers a timeline of events:

  • 2013: Mohammed arrives in The Netherlands from Somalia
  • 15 October 2016: Mohammed attempts to rape and almost chokes his victim, steals her phone
  • Victim wants to press charges, but is advised by police to take two weeks to consider
  • 9 December 2016: Mohammed is granted a visa to stay in The Netherlands
  • Later in December: victim collects evidence and reports Mohammed to police
  • 27 February 2017: Mohammed is (finally) arrested
  • 9 June 2017: Mohammed’s attorney asks for lenience so the violent predator will not lose his vis

Initially, the police said that they could not trace her phone, but the victim was able to trace it herself with a simple app. This is how she found out the address of her attacker. It turned out that “suspect” (there is a positive ID and full DNA match, but sure…) Mohammed was using the victim’s identity on a dating site for bisexual women to get into contact with other women (and possibly future victims). Ingeniously, the traumatized victim decided to contact the man under an assumed name and after she conviced him to send her a picture of himself she knew with certainty that this was the man who had attempted to rape her.

Even when the victim offered all the information to the police, they inexplicably were not interested at first. Two important witnesses were never questioned during the investigation, even though they lived across from the crime scene, had heard the attack going down and knew the attacker’s identity.

In court the victim, utterly let down by the authorities, has said:

I keep reliving what happened, I have panic attacks and I still feel dirty. I am happy that I’m alive, but that’s it. I have had to fight for my life, and I’m sure I would have ended up that if he hadn’t been interrupted.